Saturday, February 9, 2013

M5759 - muslin

Finally getting to sewing the muslin for this jacket, and I am super excited:



I have plans to go through all the steps in creating the muslin, including the lining and interfacing. I contemplated not adding the interfacing to the muslin, because I am cheap and lazy. I need the practice, and I do want to see how the piece will hang. Needing the experience won out.

I have cut the outer muslin pieces, the interfacing, and the lining. I am using a bedsheet from Goodwill for the lining. I think that is a fabulous way to save money on muslins!! I found a white king sheet for $4 last time, and I was thrilled.

After this muslin, I will tackle the jacket with the black and white houndstooth with the red lining.


I find I am not very adventurous sartorially at. all. Seriously, I wear a pattern, and I am getting crazy. I tend to stick with classic color combinations, and so I am trying out interesting shapes, like in this jacket.

No comments: