Monday, March 11, 2013

I *was* making good muslin progress!

I swear it, it is true. I have put together the outer front and back pieces for the M5759 muslin and was getting ready to put the two together when these three beauties fell into my lap:



A tap class buddy had three sergers unloved in her basement and brought them over for me!! I was so excited I couldn't stand it! So, the three thread Baby Lock is the only one with a power cord. We managed to get it to start, and it looks like with some adjustments, it will be a good little machine. I have no idea about the other two. I saw cords for sale on Sewing Parts Online, and as soon as they arrive, we can test. I am partial to the Elna Lock, for some reason. I'll probably test out all three and see which I like best. Then, find homes for the other two. I don't think it will be hard at all. A few friends have already expressed interest!

I have never used a serger before, and I am so excited to learn. I tend to stay away from knits because I do not do well with them on my regular machine.

No comments: